Theme and Academic Programs
This page will host the academic program for WAC-8.
WAC Congresses are organized around overarching themes, each of which contains multiple archaeological sessions that relate to the same overall issue. Sessions can be proposed under themes, and individual contributions (papers, posters) can be proposed for approved sessions, or independently, to be placed into the program as it develops.
If you need more information about session and papers, please access .
The Call for sessions will be made in September 2015, and papers in October 2015.
•The page for session submission
Deadline for the proposal of sessions:
End of December 2015
The page for paper submission:
Deadline for the proposal of papers:
End of February 2016
The Lists of ThemesGo to theme abstracts pdf
- 1. Archaeology and Development
- 2. Politics
- 3. Post-colonial Experiences, Archaeological Practice and Indigenous Archaeologies
- 4. Archaeological Ethics: Where Are We Now?
- 5. Comparative Archaeologies in the Globalized World
- 6. Regional Archaeologies in the Globalized World
- 7. Education: Learning and Unlearning
- 8. The Public, Heritage and Museums
- 9. Theory for the Future
- 10. Science and Archaeology
- 11. Religion and Spirituality
- 12. Interactions
- 13. The Archaeology of Disaster: Exploring the Past for the Future
- 14. Art and Archaeology
- 15. War and Conflict
- 16. Other important topics: understanding and explaining the past