VISA for non-Japanese participants of WAC-8
All participants entering Japan must have a valid passport. In addition, participants coming from certain countries must have a visa issued by the Embassy of Japan/Consulate-General in their country. Please check visa requirements on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
The visa application process differs depending on your country of residence and the location of the nearest Embassy of Japan/Consulate-General. Please contact the nearest Embassy of Japan/Consulate-General in your home country to receive guidance on the application process and necessary documents.
Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General nearest to your current place of residence:
For more information and FAQs, please click here:
Exemption of visas
Japan currently has visa exemption arrangements with 67 countries and regions. Nationals of these countries and regions are not required to obtain a visa to enter Japan when the purpose of their visit is commerce, a conference, tourism, visiting relatives/acquaintances, etc.
For more information regarding exemption of visas, click here:
Documents for a visa application
The WAC council, all participants (registrants in the speaker and chair) in WAC-8 and accompanying person(s) are able to make a request for the visa support documents.* WAC-8 office will provide the “Documents for a visa application” to enter Japan to participants who have completed payment of the registration fee.
After completing your registration and full payment, please use the “Visa support application form” below and submit the form with copies of your passport and air ticket (electronic ticket itinerary/receipt) to WAC-8 office.
* Letter of reason for invitation, letter of guarantee, schedule during stay, briefing document of WAC-8 LOC and WAC-8 Circular. If you are required any other documents, please let us know.
- The visa support documents will be sent directly to your office mailing address two to three weeks after June 2016.
- The validity of all documents is three months.
- The documents issued by WAC-8 office do not necessarily assure the applicant will obtain a visa. WAC-8 office does NOT issue the visa itself.
- Your stay will guaranteed only for the period of Congress and Excursions and not for extra days.