(1) Inquiries regarding handling personal information
The Organizing Committee for the Eighth World Archaeological Congress Kyoto within Nonprofit Organization WAC Japan
Doshisha University Historical Museum, 1-3 Tatara-Miyakodani, Kyotanabe-shi, Kyoto-fu, 610-0394 JAPAN
(2) Sharing of personal information
Personal information shall include information collected through registration forms for sessions and papers, email inquiry, access to our website, and other methods.
DASH TOURIST CO., LTD.
#501 SSS Building, 375 Ichinofunairi-cho, Kawaramachi-dori Nijo Sagaru, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, 604-0924
(3) Purpose of use
We will use collected personal information solely for the operation of the WAC-8 and protection of academic research, and we will ensure that it will not be used for any other purposes.
For example we may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing the participants with necessary information.
- Conducting necessary administrative work when contacting the participants.
- Conducting necessary administrative work when answering inquiries from the participants.
- Printing in the publications for academic purposes as mentioned in (4).
As the WAC-8 is an academic meeting, we will print some personal information in the following publications we edit and publish.
- Participant list: names, affiliations, nationalities and email addresses will be printed.
- Abstracts: names, affiliations, nationalities and email addresses will be printed.
- Proceedings: names and affiliations will be printed.
Although the participant list and abstracts will also be available in electronic format through our website, email addresses will not be provided here.
(5) Provision to third party
We may need to provide personal information to a third party pursuant to an order of a court under the law or in response to a legitimate instruction from a competent government agency. We may also provide personal information when requested by a participant after obtaining the consent of the relevant person.
In order to manage personal information properly and carefully we have appointed a supervisor and implemented physical and technical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage. Our website and email are operated through a web hosting service.
Although our website is accessible from all over the world we will be bound by Japanese law and by using this website you shall also agree to be bound by Japanese law.